~ A DAILY PHOTO BLOG ~

~ AN ALMOST DAILY PHOTO BLOG ~

~ A DAILY PHOTO BLOG ~

Welcome to an almost daily peek at our beautiful Williamsburg, Virginia which includes the "Historic Triangle" consisting of Colonial Williamsburg -the world’s largest living history museum- Yorktown and Jamestown.

October 11, 2010

Walking the D.O.G., Colonial Williamsburg, Williamsburg, Virginia


One advantage of the restored colonial district (Colonial Williamsburg) is that it provides a perfect place to walk children and dogs, as these ladies were.  The main street, Duke Of Gloucester Street, is commonly known as "D.O.G." street given its initials. It provides a one mile stroll without cars (no cars are permitted in the district).  Along the way, you see all the costumed characters, buildings and tourists. There is no admission to walk the area, only if you want access to the museums, restored buildings or other events.

14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Interesting! Those ladies look like they have racing strollers!

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

Looks like a race ! I like that processing of framing another frame !
Wong

Unknown said...

A beautiful district and friendly to pedestrians.
have a great week.
Costas

Elettra said...

is a fortuna that there is a space where you can walk safely and not to breathe the gas of cars.

Cezar and Léia said...

ADorable picture.I need to say this is a kind of "moment"that I miss a lot!Time goes so fast and the kids grow up faster!
Hugs and a nice week,
Léia

☺lani☺ said...

Lovely ladies with their kids! Happy Tuesday!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

This was perfect weather for walking the D.O.G.!

lizziviggi said...

I love scenes like this that would be familiar anywhere! I wish we had more pedestrian-only areas... I love to walk, myself.

EG CameraGirl said...

It's wonderful to have a safe place to walk!

Pat Tillett said...

A very nice place for walking. Those modern strollers make quite a contrast...

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

I just love all of your photos and I keep losing your blog!!! I'm bookmarking and putting it on my page so I don't lose it again!!!

Lois said...

I would probably walk this street every day if I lived nearby!

Unknown said...

D.O.G. has always been a magical place for me. No matter how many times I've been there i always seem to find something new to grab my interest.

Lavender and Vanilla Friends of the Gardens said...

I think Williamsburg is a nice place to live. I like the idea of beautifully restored homes and some history lessons on the go.

Related Posts with Thumbnails