~ A DAILY PHOTO BLOG ~

~ AN ALMOST DAILY PHOTO BLOG ~

~ A DAILY PHOTO BLOG ~

Welcome to an almost daily peek at our beautiful Williamsburg, Virginia which includes the "Historic Triangle" consisting of Colonial Williamsburg -the world’s largest living history museum- Yorktown and Jamestown.

July 25, 2011

Lovely Lorikeets, Busch Gardens Williamburg, Virginia


These residents of the Lorikeet Glen at Busch Gardens Williamsburg seemed quite content to keep to themselves and to the feed bowl. There are a variety of birds in the glen, many of which are quite comfortable perching on your finger or shoulder; particularly if you have food.

6 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Such beautiful colours and markings on the Lorikeets, I feed them along with many other wild birds in my back garden, such a pleasure to watch them. Beautiful picture!!

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Oh my! What exquisite and vibrant colors!!! Absolutely beautiful! Cathy

Tanya Breese said...

oh the lorikeets are always so fun to feed! we had an enclosure at the san diego zoo and they'd give you a little cup of something that the birds would go crazy for and land right on you!

Les Barr said...

They sure are very colorful birds! Never knew that they had such a place there in Williamsburg. I learned something different!

Karine said...

They are beautiful! I would love to have birds if I could, but I'm afraid that my cats might try to eat them...

this is Belgium said...

wow.. these are beauties... the colors are exceptional

Related Posts with Thumbnails