~ A DAILY PHOTO BLOG ~

~ AN ALMOST DAILY PHOTO BLOG ~

~ A DAILY PHOTO BLOG ~

Welcome to an almost daily peek at our beautiful Williamsburg, Virginia which includes the "Historic Triangle" consisting of Colonial Williamsburg -the world’s largest living history museum- Yorktown and Jamestown.

March 20, 2012

Captain John Smith At Historic Jamestowne, Williamsburg Virginia

 

Captain John Smith - or at least his statue - stands watch over the James River on Jamestown Island near the site of the original fort built by the 1607 settlers. It is now known as Historic Jamestowne.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

An imposing figure looking out over the James River. Amazing how wide the river looks. I was reminded of river widths the last time we crossed the Mississippi. It is huge.

After I was hacked I had to give up my old user name and the blogs that went with it. My Birds Blog was among the give-ups.

So this is the new birds blog and I hope you can come visit. Birds Birds Birds and Birds

Suburban Girl said...

An eternal water view. I guess he found heaven!

Related Posts with Thumbnails