~ A DAILY PHOTO BLOG ~

~ AN ALMOST DAILY PHOTO BLOG ~

~ A DAILY PHOTO BLOG ~

Welcome to an almost daily peek at our beautiful Williamsburg, Virginia which includes the "Historic Triangle" consisting of Colonial Williamsburg -the world’s largest living history museum- Yorktown and Jamestown.

July 13, 2010

The Williamsburg Pottery, Williamsburg, Virginia





The Williamsburg Pottery, located just outside Williamsburg in Lightfoot, Virginia, has been a draw to visitors since 1938. It originally made eighteenth-century saltglaze pottery reproductions to sell at low prices. As time passed, china and glassware were added to the inventory.  Now the pottery sells unique items for home and garden from around the world at discount prices throughout the facility and continues to draw large crowds each year.

5 comments:

Linda (PA_shutterbug) said...

I missed seeing this when we were there last. I believe their is a brewery nearby. Bob went on a brewery tour.

Leif Hagen said...

My wife and I have a weakness for pottery!

Snap said...

I must get back to Williamsburg. I missed this!

√ Abraham Lincoln said...

Such a beautiful place. So many possibilities. So much to see.

Fat Lady Recipes

Ciss B said...

Gosh, this is wonderful! I was wondering if this place was still around. I use to go here for so much.

We lived in Norfolk for 4 1/2 years and Williamsburg was a focus for me as well as Jamestown. I have always loved history and seeing it was fabulous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails